Our goal is to provide high quality and responsive code compliance services to maintain and enhance safety and general welfare. Our focus is on customer service and public awareness while respecting the property rights of our citizens.
Requests and complaints are prioritized based on significance and severity. Those complaints that involve a public safety issue or environmental hazard are first priority.
To report code violations, please email.
The City of Sammamish can not guarantee the anonymity of complainants.
Code Compliance Response Priorities
- Life/safety violations will be responded to with or without a complaint. Life/safety violations are those that, in the opinion of the Code Compliance Officer, Building Official or Director could result in injury or create an unhealthy environment.
- Specific Violations will be responded to on a “complaint-only” basis unless they are considered life/safety violations. Violations may be addressed without a complaint at the discretion of the Code Compliance Officer if they are discovered during the investigation of another compliant.
The Code Compliance Officer investigates complaints based on where they fall into three priority violation categories: high; medium and low priority.
Priority (1) –HIGH– Immediate health and /or safety violation includes:
- Unsafe/dangerous buildings and/or equipment;
- Improper storage of refrigerator/freezer;
- Raw sewage on land.
Priority (2) -MEDIUM– Serious violation includes:
- Building work without a permit;
- Illegal clearing and grading without a permit;
- Critical areas alterations;
- Nuisance violations;
- Illegal discharge into storm system;
- Unauthorized development in shorelines of the state;
- Signs with sight distance concerns.
Priority (3) –LOW– Minor violation includes:
- Zoning which would include home occupation and setback requirements for structures;
- Right-of–way issues other than signs causing sight distance concerns