< October 2015 >
S M T W Th F S

Passport Acceptance

As an official Passport Acceptance Facility, Sammamish City Hall accepts passport applications. We are not able to accept adult (16 years and over) passport renewals. The days and times are:

Wednesdays, 9 am to 1 pm
Thursdays, 9 am to 1 pm

Beginning May 1st, 2015, the City of Sammamish will no longer accept passport applications on Fridays.

There is no need to make an appointment. Customers are served in the order in which they arrive.

You may download application forms from the U.S. Department of State website, or obtain one at City Hall. Read all information on the form carefully as there are detailed procedures to follow. Remember that the application form must be signed only in the presence of an agent, so please do not sign it before you arrive at City Hall.

If you meet the following requirements, you must submit your passport renewal application by mail:

The issue date of your last passport was less than 15 years ago
You were 16 or older when it was issued
Your name is the same or, you can submit name-change documentation (marriage certificate or court order)
You can submit this passport
The passport is not damaged

Passport applications received at Sammamish City Hall are sent directly to the U.S. Passport Agency. Applications typically take 4-6 weeks to process. Upon completion, the passports will be mailed to you.

Our facility does not take passport photos. These can be obtained at the photo departments at most local drug stores.

Checks are the only form of payment accepted for the application fee, payable to “U. S. Dept. of State”. The $25.00 processing fee, payable to "City of Sammamish", can be paid via check, cash or Visa & Mastercard Debit/Credit cards.

Additionally, all applicants (except adult renewal (see above) must apply in person.

This information is current as of April 2015.


  • U.S. Department of State - For passport related forms,fees and all information regarding how to apply for a new passport, renew an expired passport, or to change your name on a valid passport. This website is the final authority on all matters regarding U.S. passports.

Staff Contact

For more information about passport services at City Hall, contact Melonie Anderson, City Clerk/Public Records Officer, (425) 295-0511.