City of Sammamish - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Resources
On February 6, 2020 Council Member Malchow wrote on Facebook – Klahanie Families “Amy Ritchie yes, we did interview others actually.” Yet, when asked by citizens and me who those other City Manager candidates were, she did not respond. I would therefore like:
The city to identify all City Manager candidates (interim or otherwise) who were brought forward for interview to the full Council for this most recent opening.
- Document who initiated and changed/lowered the minimum hiring standards that were provided by the current acting city manager
- All emails, text messages, social media posts since September 2019 from Council members and 2019 council candidates who are now council members, and City staff to/from citizens, staff and council members and candidates who are now on council regarding the hiring of the new interim/City Manager position.
- Calendar dates and meetings of Council members with staff on the interim/city manager hiring/hiring process and who was present at those meetings since September 1, 2019 - Identified by Council Member meetings by date held amongst Council Members (and then Council Candidates) since September 2019 and who was present at the meetings, - regarding the hiring process, hiring or defense of hiring of the interim/City manager
- Meetings since September 1, 2019 held by Council members and then Council Candidates with Citizens including by local and long-distance calls, social media chats, etc. (from within and outside the city) - regarding the hiring process, hiring or defense of hiring of the interim/City manager
- Emails to/from City Staff with Citizens/residents regarding the hiring process of the new interim/city manager since September 1, 2019
2/12/20 - Sent email with expected first installment date of March 27, 2020. - TCM
3/20/20 - Request on hold. Requestor prioritized PRR 3193 ahead of this one. Work on this request will resume when PRR 3193 is fulfilled. - TCM
4/28/20 - Request taken off hold. Emailed Requestor asking whether he would like to receive and review the records provided for similar PRRs 3134 and 3159, then revise his request if necessary for any additional records, or whether he would prefer his request be processed as-written. Requested response by May 28. If no response, we will process request as written and provide installment on June 6, 2020. Received response from Requestor to send records responsive to other requests. Sent all available records thus far as installment 1 to this request. Next installment expected May 19, 2020. - TCM
5/12/20 - Provided installment 3 of PRR 3134 via Hightail. - TCM
6/12/20 - Provided new expected installment date of July 3, 2020. - TCM
6/26/20 - Provided installment 2 via Hightail. Next installment expected Aug 7, 2020. - TCM
7/7/20 - Provided installment 5 of PRR 3159 via Hightail. - TCM