Skip to the main content
Sammamish Town Center (not licensed)

Solicitor's License

Office of the City Manager

City Clerk

Lita Hachey
(425) 295 0512

Obtaining a solicitor's license

To obtain a solicitor's license, you must make an appointment.

Appointments are currently on Tuesday afternoons and are limited to four individuals. If you have more than four individuals needing a license, you will need to schedule multiple appointments.

Book an appointment

Please note that appointments for solicitor's licenses book out 30 days in advance. If you do not see any available appointments, please check for additional time slots the following week.

Book an Appointment

Preparing for your appointment

  • Except for signatures, please complete the appropriate application form before your appointment.
  • In addition to the completed application, all individuals attending the appointment must bring their original driver's license. 

If your application is incomplete at beginning of your appointment, you will be required to reschedule your appointment. Rescheduling will also be necessary if you do not have your driver’s license with you.

Who needs a solicitor's license?

Any person, both principals, and agents, who shall sell, offer or expose for sale, or trade, deal, or traffic in any personal property at retail in the City by going from house to house or from place to place or by indiscriminately approaching individuals require a Solicitor's License.

No person or individual shall act as a solicitor within the city limits without first obtaining a license. It is a violation to solicit on-premises that conspicuously display a "no solicitors" sign or a sign with similar language.

Types of solicitor's licenses

There are two types of Solicitor's Licenses:

  1. Regular Solicitor's License Fee: $30.00 (Background check required)
  2. Exempt Solicitor's License: No Charge

Who is eligible for an exemption?

  • Farmers, gardeners, or others who sell, deliver, or peddle agricultural, horticultural, or farm products that they have grown, harvested, manufactured, or produced. This includes fruits, vegetables, berries, eggs, or other edibles. NOTE – This exception does not apply to the sale of firewood.
  • Charitable, religious, or non-profit organizations or corporations which have received tax-exempt status under 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) or other similar civic, charitable, educational, political, or non-profit organizations.
  • Newspaper subscription solicitors and vendors of books and periodicals.

More information