Issaquah-Fall City Road Improvements
SE Issaquah-Fall City Road is a vital connection route to residents of the City of Sammamish and surrounding communities. This project will double the existing two-lane section, to a four-lane section, and promotes the City’s goal of complete streets by including bike lanes, sidewalks, landscaping, and a protected student crossing at Pacific Cascade Middle School. A bridge located between 247th and Klahanie Drive will raise the roadway to improve safety and meet federal driver stopping sight distance requirements. North Fork Issaquah Creek will be removed from a culvert underneath the roadway into a stream channel spanned by the bridge.
Phase 1 completed construction and opened in May 2021.
Learn about Phase 2.
Phase 1 Opening
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE THE WORK HOURS ON ISSAQUAH FALL CITY ROAD DURING CONSTRUCTION?
- Monday - Friday 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- During road closure M-F 7 am - 8 pm (between 247th and Klahanie Dr)
- Optional Saturday work 9 am - 6 pm
IS THE CLOSURE FOR THE NEW "BRIDGE" BETWEEN THE MIDDLE SCHOOL AND THE KLAHANIE SHOPPING CENTER FOR THE FULL TWO YEARS OR JUST A PORTION OF THE TIME?
- The road closure is during bridge construction only, currently scheduled to begin March 28, 2020
FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE ROAD AREA COVERED WILL IT BE CLOSED FOR TWO YEARS? PARTIALLY OPEN THE WHOLE CONSTRUCTION TIME WITH FLAGGERS, ETC?
- The portion of road between 247th and Klahanie Dr will be closed for bridge construction, no other closures are planned (barring deliveries of large bridge structures). Construction will be occurring on the entire roadway for 2-years, with traffic control and flaggers during work hours only
WILL DIFFERENT SEGMENTS OF THE ROAD BE CLOSED AT DIFFERENT TIMES?
- Large bridge girder deliveries and the operation of large construction equipment and trucks may necessitate the closure of the road at different times, unfortunately, we won't have specific information until bridge construction begins
WHAT IS THE TOTAL DURATION OF THE PROJECT?
- The entire project is scheduled for 2 years of construction. The bridge construction is scheduled to last 8 months
WHICH SEGMENTS OF THE ROAD WILL BE CLOSED? IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE NORTH (ALONG SOUTHBOUND IFCR), WILL YOU STILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS KLAHANIE BLVD?
- The section of roadway between 247th and Klahanie Dr will be closed for bridge construction. You will be able to access Klahanie Dr SE from the East and North
HOW WILL THE DRIVING PUBLIC KNOW THAT LOCAL BUSINESSES ARE STILL OPEN AND SEE REAL-TIME PROJECT INFORMATION WHILE DRIVING?
- The project includes FOUR (4) electronic variable message board signs that will share information with the driving public as the project is being built
DO YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT TIMING OF DESIGN OR CONSTRUCTION FOR PHASE 2 OF THE ISSAQUAH FALL CITY ROAD PROJECT, FROM KLAHANIE DR SE TO SE ISSAQUAH-BEAVER LAKE ROAD?
- Learn about Phase 2 of the project
Project Plans and Renderings
- King County 1996 Final EIS: 44.99 MB
- Consultant Evaluation Criteria: 64 KB
- Presubmittal Mtg Sign-In Sheet: 566 KB
- RFQ/PA: 471 KB - Updated 12-22-2015
- RFQ-PA Q&A: 89 KB
- Vicinity Map of Phase 1 & 2: 1.35 MB
- Aerial Photo: 5.13 MB
- Communication Plan: 805 KB
- City Work Hours Lane Closure: 1.23 MB
- Official Detour Map: 504 KB
Public Meeting 1 - May 12, 2016
- Display Boards: 6.48 MB
- Fact Sheet: 666 KB
- FAQ: 231 KB
- Poster: 250 KB
- Presentation: 2.76 MB
- Comment Forms: 4.68 MB
- Meeting 1 Summary: 1.81 MB
Public Meeting 2 - July 13, 2016
- Design Option Evaluation: 468 KB
- Display Boards: 5.45 MB
- Fact Sheet: 649 KB
- FAQ: 212 KB
- Poster: 905 KB
- Presentation: 1.93 MB
- Comment Forms: 6.04 MB
- Meeting 2 Summary: 1.4 MB
Public Meeting 3 - June 1, 2017
- Project Fact Sheet: 2.06 MB
- FAQ: 561 KB
- Poster: 792 KB
- Meeting Display Boards: 7.22 MB
- Meeting Presentation: 3.21 MB
- Comment Forms: 1.46 MB
- Meeting 3 Summary: 2.08 MB
Construction Detour Workshop - October 26, 2017
- Powerpoint Presentation: 1.61 MB
- Meeting Boards: 5.45 MB
- Workshop FAQ: 156 KB
- Project Fact Sheet: 223 KB
- Workshop Poster: 731 KB
- Workshop Summary: 3.41 MB
Public Meeting 4 - July 31 2019
- Meeting 4 Presentation: 2 MB
- Meeting Boards: 1.76 MB
- Meeting 4 Summary: 2.61 MB
- Public Meeting 4 Comment Forms: 1.82 MB
- Updated Project FAQ: 468 KB
- Updated Project Fact Sheet: 307 KB