Integrating art and culture to create a sense of place, civic identity, and unique character.
Artistic excellence: We showcase high-caliber local, regional, and national artistic programming that reflects the city’s vision.
Accessibility: We engage with all segments of the city, striving to reach all community members. We aim to create an avenue for artists to bring their creativity to the public.
Collaboration: We are committed to creating alliances and partnerships within and outside Sammamish to promote artistic excellence and accessibility. We work collaboratively with various state, regional, and local agencies to enhance the effectiveness of the arts commission.
Community Design: We focus on nurturing and building “creative capital” locally to realize the impacts of the arts in fostering a vibrant social economy.
Diversity: We value diversity in artistic expression. We strive to promote arts as a universal language that binds people from different backgrounds and breathes life into our communities.
The Sammamish Arts Commission serves as an advisory body to the City Council. Their role is to advise on matters concerning the promotion and facilitation of public art in the community.
- Barbara Krauss, Position 1(term ends January 31, 2025)
- Megan Selitrennikoff, Position 2 (term ends January 31, 2025)
- Ann Humes, Position 3 (term ends January 31, 2026)
- Rachel Yo, Position 4 (term ends January 31, 2026)
- Jen Shetterly, Position 5 (term ends January 31, 2027)
- Ashley Arrington, Position 6 (term ends January 31, 2027)
- Shani Kapoor, Position 7 (term ends January 31, 2024)
- Sudeshna Dixit, Position 8 (term ends January 31, 2024)
- Greg Janky, Position 9 (term ends January 31, 2024)
The Sammamish Arts Commission meets on the fourth Monday of every month. Agendas and Meeting Minutes can be found on the City of Sammamish CivicWeb portal.