Development Review, Permitting, and Engineering Resources

Are you developing in the City of Sammamish? If you are applying for a land use permit, building permit, or clearing and grading permit, drainage review may be required. Any work or impact to traffic in public right-of-way must obtain a Right-of-Way permit.

The Development Review Engineering team reviews, permits, and inspects the construction of new roads, storm water utilities, right-of-way improvements, and erosion control associated with the development of private property. For more information on the land use and permitting process, visit the Department of Community Development web page.

Public Works Standards and Design Requirements

Public Works Standards

Engineering Plans Standard Notes (Drainage, Grading and Erosion, Roadway) 


Surface Water Design Manual and References

See the Maps and GIS Data webpage for flow control, water quality, landslide hazard drainage areas, and erosion hazard areas maps.

Drainage Complaints

The drainage complaints map and list are updated and maintained by the Stormwater Team. Use this information to provide documented drainage complaints for a permit application.

Drainage Complaints Map

Drainage Complaints List

**If you need to Report A Spill please use this form, or call the number listed on this page.

Surface Water Checklists, Guides, and Forms

Sammamish Standard Details and Templates

Other Department and Agency Review

Department of Community Development

Department of Ecology

Eastside Fire & Rescue

Northeast Sammamish Plateau Sewer and Water District

Sammamish Plateau Water

Code References

Archived Requirements and Templates

Staff Contact