Skip to the main content
Sammamish Town Center (not licensed)

Development Review and Engineering Resources

Are you developing in the City of Sammamish? Drainage review may be required if applying for land use permits, building permits, or clearing and grading permits. Any work or impact to traffic in public right-of-way must obtain a Right-of-Way permit.

The Development Review Engineering team reviews, permits, and inspects the construction of new roads, storm water utilities, right-of-way improvements, and erosion control associated with the development of private property. For more information on the land use and permitting process, visit the Department of Community Development.

Public Works Standards and Design Requirements

Public Works Standards

Engineering Plans Standard Notes (Drainage, Grading and Erosion, Roadway) 

Surface Water Design Manual and References

Note: Projects vested prior to January 1, 2017 reference the Archived Requirements section at the bottom of this page.

Find maps and GIS Data for flow control, water quality, landslide hazard drainage areas, and erosion hazard areas.

Important notice about projects permitted under earlier versions of the SWDM

Per requirements in Sammamish's Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permit (effective date August 1, 2019), projects permitted under the 2016 SWDM that applied prior to July 1, 2022 and have not started construction by July 1, 2027, and projects permitted under earlier versions of the SWDM that applied prior to January 1, 2017 and have not started construction by January 1, 2022, must be revised to comply with the current stormwater requirements as directed by state regulations. Revisions will need to be approved by the Department of Community Development.

* “Started construction” means, the site work associated with, and directly related to the approved project is at a stage where rough grading is complete or utilities are installed. For rough grading to be considered complete, elevations are within 1 foot of final design elevations.

Drainage Complaints

The drainage complaints map and list are updated and maintained by the Stormwater Team. Use this information to provide documented drainage complaints for a permit application.

Drainage Complaints Map

Drainage Complaints List

If you need to Report A Spill, please use My Sammamish or call the Spill Hotline:

  • Weekdays 8:30am to 5:00pm: (425) 295-0500
  • Evenings and Weekends: (425) 295-0700

Surface Water Checklists, Guides, and Forms

Sammamish Standard Details and Templates

Other Department and Agency Review

Department of Community Development

Department of Ecology

Eastside Fire & Rescue

Northeast Sammamish Plateau Sewer and Water District

Sammamish Plateau Water

Code References

Archived Requirements and Templates